Murals are a starting point for an entire range of engagement processes and activities. These Special Projects help extend the life of a project and allow for continued engagement past the completion of a mural. In addition, many of these projects create pathways into topical and relevant issues associated with a specific community.
- Screenings – CRP will host, facilitate, or co-facilitate a presentation of its own productions or other relevant media.
- Presentations / Lecture – CRP staffers are available to speak on topics ranging from community murals to public art policy to the history of the aerosol movement in popular culture.
- Mural Tours – Make arrangements today to have your group or organization taken on a guided tour of CRP murals in Oakland and the East Bay.
- Block Parties – Celebrate art, creativity, music, and life with a cultural event, featuring live performance, music, live-painting, dance, and/or DJs.
- Symposia – CRP will design and moderate a panel on a topic relevant to its organizational goals and mission. Past topics include best practices for equitable development, community resiliency and creativity in the face of displacement and gentrification, and the importance of community murals.
- Exhibitions – CRP artists and staff will hang artworks and/or photographs at your venue or gallery and host opening/closing receptions.
- Merchandise – Images from CRP productions can be printed on t-shirts, posters, coffee mugs and mousepads. In addition, original artwork can be created on a clothing item or piece of furniture!
Achieve your creative vision and take your project to new heights. In addition to mural production and public art policy, CRP is experienced in producing professional-level multimedia for clients and its own projects. CRP can create high-quality digital files suitable for framing or reproduction; promotional videos, short films, or feature-length films; screenings,multimedia presentations, and reports; custom websites and web-based assets. These quality creative services can be attached to a mural project or public event, or stand-alone. CRP consultants are available to help your dream take shape.
Multimedia services include:
- Photography – project documentation, event coverage, product shots, group photos, portraits, still photography for cinema, brochures, commercial ads, etc.
- Videography – CRP has produced everything from short clips for YouTube, to music videos, to short films, to the upcoming feature-length documentary “Alice Street.” Single or multi-camera shoots can be accommodated, depending on project scope.
- Blogging and Social Media – CRP maintains active accounts with Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, in addition to regular posts on this website.
- Editing – copy editing, proof reading, fact-checking, content editing.
- Publishing – brochures, exhibition catalogs, magazines, coffe table style photobooks, web assets.
- Video Editing – CRP and organizational partners use professional-quality editing tools and software.
- Graphic Design – illustration, portraiture, calligraphy, rendering, sketching, 3-D mapping.